- Men’s Wearhouse rejects Jos. A. Bank take-over proposal — again
- Men’s Wearhouse offers to buy Jos. A. Bank
- Report: Investor says Men’s Wearhouse still exploring options
- Jos. A. Bank ends Men’s Wearhouse bid; Eminence Capital wants meeting
- Men’s Wearhouse investor still pushing for deal with Jos. A. Bank
Hampstead, Md. Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc. said Wednesday its first-quarter profit jumped 18%, helped by a big boost in sales at established stores. For the quarter ended May 3, net income climbed to $9.8 million from $8.4 million in the prior-year quarter.
Revenue rose 12% to $145.4 million from $129.5 million in the first quarter of 2007. Same-store sales rose 6.4%.