- Men's Wearhouse to acquire Jos. A. Bank for $1.8 billion
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- CVS Caremark to acquire Navarro Discount Pharmacy
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Men’s Wearhouse ups bid for Jos. A. Bank bid to $1.8 billion
Hampstead, Md. – Jos. A. Bank is attempting to get a jump on the many retailers starting their Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving by offering a “Super Tuesday” sale event on Tuesday, Nov. 26. The retailer will offer Black Friday prices on select “doorbuster” items in its 571 company-owned full-line stores nationwide.
In addition, these select doorbuster items will be offered online at Josbank.com beginning at 12:01 a.m. (EST) on November 26, 2013, and there will be other special one-day price discounts.
“In addition to our traditional Black Friday doorbusters event, this year we are pleased to offer an earlier exclusive doorbusters event on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving," said R. Neal Black, president and CEO of JoS. A. Bank Clothiers. "We feel that this event will provide our customers with more flexibility in their holiday shopping which is always one of our objectives, especially with the shorter number of shopping days this year.”