- Walgreens Q2 sales rise 5.2%
- First-ever state-licensed marijuana stores to open Jan. 1, in Colorado
- Big Lots names Kmart exec as chief customer officer; will expand discounter’s digital presence
- Sears’ Lampert predicts retail ‘headed to where we already are’
- Starbucks to expand evening alcohol sales; plans Oprah chai tea
Hoffman Estates, Ill. Kmart announced Monday that it has launched a new over-the-counter (OTC) drug program that offers customers select own-brand drugs for $1.
The American Fare Dollar Program offers 10 OTC medications from Kmart’s proprietary American Fare brand for $1 with every prescription purchase, said the company.
Most-used OTC medications in the program include aspirin, ibuprofen, children's pain reliever, baby aspirin, nasal decongestant, cough suppressant, anti-diarrhea medication and cold & allergy tablets.
The program launched at Kmart pharmacies in Florida and will be available at all Kmart pharmacies in April.