- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Kohl's, Toshiba partner with Plug and Play in retail accelerator program
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Motorola’s new mobile marketing platform uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
New York -- Checkpoint Systems announced that Kohl’s Department Stores has deployed Checkpoint’s RFID solutions across select departments in its stores.
“RFID will further enhance our customers’ shopping experience by providing improved operational visibility, enabling us to more efficiently identify items which need to be replenished on the sales floor,” said Ken Bonning, senior executive VP, Kohl’s Department Stores.
Kohl’s began piloting RFID in spring 2013 across 25 stores. The company’s RFID deployment is focused on a large number of strategic apparel departments including footwear, denim and men’s basics.
Kohl’s deployed Checkpoint’s merchandising visibility enterprise software centrally in Kohl’s data center, handheld RFID readers to perform regular in-store inventory counts, RFID printers and handheld readers for tagging at distribution centers and Checkpoint’s RFID tags and labels for initial store tagging, tagging at distribution centers and source tagging.