- Kohl’s focusing on smaller stores, looking at all options for new headquarters
- Kohl’s profit up 6%; raises full-year outlook
- Macy’s shines, Kohl’s disappoints in February
- Kohl’s adds $30 million to holiday ad budget; most spent on digital, social media
- Kohl’s named 2011 Energy Star Partner of the Year
New York -- Kohl’s Department Stores announced plans to launch an exclusive American Idol apparel collection. The newly created line -- Authentic Icon (AI) -- will be available exclusively at Kohl’s and Kohls.com beginning in April.
“This launch brings together a national retailer and award-winning television show to create a new collection for customers,” said Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s chairman, president and CEO. “We are excited to collaborate with American Idol, a leading entertainment platform in pop culture, and are confident this partnership makes Kohl’s an immediate consumer destination this spring.”
Positioned in the junior’s and young men’s departments, the AI spring collection will be available in Kohl’s stores through June to coincide with American Idol’s 11th season.
American Idol is produced by 19 Entertainment, a division of CKX and FremantleMedia North America. The USA Mesh division of LF USA, a subsidiary of Li & Fung Limited, will design and produce the AI collection. Kohl’s will be the exclusive retailer and support the brand with marketing such as national advertising, in store graphics, online and digital media, direct mail and public relations.