- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- What the CFO Needs to Know: Energy & Sustainability
- Mexico’s Tiendas Soriana in Latin America’s biggest distributed solar deal
- In the Spotlight: Walgreens Net Zero Energy Store
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
Menomonee Falls, Wis. Kohl’s Corp. ranks eighth in the nation in the amount of energy the retailer buys from renewable-energy sources, federal officials said Tuesday.
According to the EPA, Kohl's is buying 236 million kilowatt-hours of green power a year.
Kohl's has been installing rooftop solar photovoltaic systems on more than 60 of its stores in California. In total, more than 138,000 solar panels generating more than 25 megawatts of renewable energy are expected when Kohl’s solar installations are complete in 2008.