- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Motorola’s new mobile marketing platform uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology
Winston-Salem, N.C. – Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation has signed its first development agreement in South America with Bogota-based IRCC Ltda., a subsidiary of the VA! Group. Under the agreement, IRCC expects to develop 25 stores in major cities throughout Colombia, including Bogota, Medellin and Barranquilla, during the next five years.
"This is a very exciting and important announcement for Krispy Kreme as we enter the market in South America with IRCC, the leader and a true innovator in the Colombian food service industry," said Jeff Welch, Krispy Kreme president, international. "Colombia offers Krispy Kreme an attractive opportunity with its growing economy and long customer experience with international brands. We are confident that IRCC, with 30 years of experience delighting customers in Colombia and Latin America through their world-class brands, will be a great partner as we bring the one-of-a-kind Krispy Kreme experience to Colombia."