Global lifestyle brand Lacoste is gearing up to launch a free downloadable mobile application called Lacoste City Tennis. The brand partnered with a leading sports and entertainment agency, Lagardere Unlimited, to bring the concept to digital life.
Lacoste City Tennis offers users an interactive experience that aims to make playing tennis in New York City more accessible. The app’s immersive features allow users to check out Lacoste products as well as follow the sport through tournament feeds.
Available for Apple and Android devices now, Lacoste City Tennis has no registration or download fee, and it integrates social media networks to create a connected and engaged virtual tennis community. In 2015, Lacoste plans to expand the City Tennis network beyond NYC to other key cities such as Miami and Los Angeles.
Lacoste City Tennis special features include:
- Court Locator: Find available tennis courts nearby or in a specific NYC neighborhood in all five boroughs
- Player Locator: Allows you to message other users in your area to schedule a match or practice
- Player Profile: Set preferences based upon your age, gender, skill level and when/where you play
- World of Lacoste Tennis: One-stop destination to discover Lacoste sponsored athletes and brand ambassadors, stay up-to-date on tournament statistics and social media posts
- Lacoste Gear: Check out and shop the Lacoste Sport collections and virtually try on the newest gear via an interactive "Snap & Share" camera function
- Discover the best way to play tennis in New York City, including information on how to secure and use seasonal/single permits and where to retrieve them, including free at Lacoste retail stores
- Game On: Play an exclusive gaming feature in between sets or while traveling on the subway/bus
- Charity: Learn about the City Parks Foundation's free tennis program for kids in NYC (a nonprofit organization supported by the Lacoste Foundation) and how to give back to the community
- App users will have first access to Lacoste tennis promotions, information and special events
- Lacoste will be giving away free single-play tennis passes for NYC courts (valued at $15) to any in-store visitors who show us their respective City Tennis app download (while supplies last, one per person) at participating NYC area boutiques.