- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday 2013 — Shopper Social Sentiment
- IBM: Physical stores will turn the tables in five years as buying local beats online
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- NRF forecasts 4.1% rise in retail sales for 2014; online to grow 9% to 12%
Vancouver, BC, Canada -- Lululemon Athletic Inc. reported Thursday that profit for the fiscal first quarter surged 40% to $46.4 million, compared with $33.4 million last year, but lowered second quarter and full-year forecasts have alarmed investors.
Revenue for the quarter surged 53% to $285.7 million, beating Wall Street’s expected $274 million, and same-store sales rose 25%. Online sales nearly tripled in the quarter.
However, Lululemon now forecasts revenue of $273 million-$278 million in the second quarter, which would substantially miss analysts’ predicted $289.2 million in revenue. The forecast for the full year also fell short of estimates.