- Survey: LLBean.com climbs to top of March online customer service rankings
- Synqera debuts interactive personalization at Russian grocer
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- Survey: One-in-five in-store customers are connected
Waconia, Minn. - Mackenthun's Supermarket hopes to gain insight into shopper behavior through analyzing scans performed with the ShopWell nutrition personalization app. Shopper preferences and behaviors can now be segmented by gender, age, food allergies, or nutritional goals.
ShopWell's algorithms provide shoppers with a single score and red, yellow, green ratings for food they scan, based on their unique needs. Specifically, the ShopWell scoring system assesses a product based on the shopper's age, gender, health goals and how well the product meets their ingredient and nutrition preferences. The app also recommends healthier items if the product scanned is not a good fit. Mackenthun’s then has access to anonymized, aggregated shopper data to help shape decisions on product mix, merchandizing, and promotions.
"The ShopWell partnership will enable us to better serve our health and wellness focused shoppers" said Ed Gardeski, general manager at Mackenthun's Fine Foods. "The nutritional requirements of our shoppers are more diverse than ever and we are committed to helping them develop eating habits tailored to enhance their health and wellbeing without sacrificing the quality and flavor they have come to expect from Mackenthun's."