- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- D.C. Council upholds mayor's veto of 'living wage' bill
LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics Ltd and Macy's Inc. Tuesday announced that LUSH will open licensed departments in select Macy's stores nationwide to sell fresh, handmade bath and body products. As part of the agreement, Macy’s will become the exclusive retailer for LUSH beyond the natural-beauty company’s own stores.
“Macy's is a perfect fit for LUSH's expansion plans into the U.S. market," says Mark Wolverton, CEO of LUSH North America. “After opening five shops in Macy's in Illinois and Michigan, and realizing very strong results, LUSH and Macy's have created a program to roll out new 'stores' within the cosmetic department areas of 11 Macy's locations by the end of October, 2007.”
In addition to its agreement with Macy’s, LUSH is opening freestanding mall, streetfront and airport locations, with 60 stores planned per year. Currently, it operates 46 U.S. locations.