- President George W. Bush to give opening keynote at SPECS
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- RadioShack debuts new concept store in Manhattan
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
Cincinnati — Macy’s Inc. said it will open two new stores near Chicago and Milwaukee, including its first-ever location in an outlet mall.
The first of the stores will open in spring 2012, in a space formerly occuped by Younkers at Southridge Mall in Greendale, Wis. The building will undergo a significant remodeling before re-opening as Macy’s. In spring 2013, Macy’s will open a 140,000-sq.-ft. store in discount outlet center Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, Ill. The new Macy’s will be in a wing of the mall that is in the process of being redeveloped into a setting for full-price stores.
Both centers are being redeveloped by Simon Property Group.