- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Report: Hollister must redesign store entrys for accessibility
- MasterCard partners with Wired to offer ‘in-content purchasing’
- Converse’s new store in San Francisco is big on customization
New York City -- Fashion retailer Marc Jacobs will enter the beauty category with his first store dedicated to cosmetics and beauty items.
The nearly 500-sq.-ft. store has opened at 385 Bleecker Street in Manhattan and, according to a Women’s Wear Daily report, will showcase the designer’s 121-SKU color cosmetics collection, as well as his fragrances with Coty Prestige.
The Manhattan space was once used by Jacobs as an accessories store, according to WWD, but has been remade in a jewel-box design to serve as a backdrop to cosmetics. Makeup artists, trained at Sephora University, will work with clients, and the custom-designed fixtures will appear in 11 additional Marc Jacobs locations in Bal Harbour, Fla.; Boston; Chicago; Las Vegas; Los Angeles; New York; Provincetown, Mass.; San Francisco, and Savannah, Ga.