- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Motorola’s new mobile marketing platform uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology
Oak Brook, Ill. – McDonald’s has signed a contract with Vietnamese businessman Henry Nguyen to serve as a developmental licensee for the company in Vietnam.
Nguyen, founder of Good Day Hospitality and managing partner of IDG Ventures Vietnam as well as a former part-time McDonald’s store employee in the U.S., is expected to open Vietnam’s first McDonald’s restaurant in Ho Chi Min City in early 2014.
"We are pleased to be opening in Vietnam and bringing the McDonald's experience of quality food, great service and contemporary design to our 38th country in Asia," said Don Thompson, president and CEO of McDonald's Corp.
Vietnam is one of more than 65 countries where McDonald’s uses the developmental licensee model, which it launched 30 years ago.