- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday 2013 — Shopper Social Sentiment
Grand Rapids, Mich. – Consumers will spend the same or more on back-to-school shopping this year as they did last year and many will also finish back-to-school shopping early.
A survey Meijer conducted of its customers reveals 90% of shoppers plan to spend the same or more than they did last year and 40% will have completed their back-to-school shopping before the school year begins. Median spend will range between $101-$150 per student and $201-$250 in total.
In addition, 15% of parents expect students to help pay for a portion of school expenses and nearly 30% will get help from grandparents
Other trends revealed by the survey include an increased emphasis on electronics, apparel, art supplies, licensed products, neon accessories and light-up products.