- U.K.’s Orlebar Brown deploys NetSuite OneWorld; will use in U.S. expansion
- Men’s Wearhouse promotes Mary Beth Blake to president
- Pep Boys selects LogicSource for sourcing and procurement services
- Johnny Rockets launching new format, Route 66, with drive-thru, drive-in and pop-up prototypes
- Smart Furniture Uses Mobile to Promote Home for the Holidays
Fremont, Calif. -- Men’s Wearhouse announced Wednesday that it has fired its founder and executive chairman George Zimmer; no reason was given for the sudden move.
Zimmer, who has long been the marketing face for the company – with his “You’re going to like the way you look; I guarantee it” slogan – apparently will have little to no ongoing dealings with the retailer. In its released statement, Men’s Wearhouse said the board expects to discuss with Zimmer the extent, if any, and terms of "his ongoing relationship" with the company.
As part of its Wednesday announcement, Men’s Wearhouse said it will postpone its previously scheduled June 19 annual meeting so that it can re-nominate the existing slate of directors without Zimmer. The new meeting date has not yet been set.
Men’s Wearhouse operates namesake stores in addition to the Moores and K&G banners.