- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Kohl's, Toshiba partner with Plug and Play in retail accelerator program
New York -- Modell’s Sporting Goods announced it has hired Deborah Fine to fill a newly created role on its executive leadership team, chief commercial officer. Among other duties, Fine will head up the retailer’s digital strategy, transforming Modell’s into an Omnichannel retailer.
“These initiatives will be developed from a customer point of view, ensuring a consistent and best in class experience in our stores and on our website,” the company stated. “Our digital presence will expand beyond Modells.com, growing our social media footprint as well as developing new interactive digital experiences for our customers. Deborah will ensure alignment of initiatives across the organization to achieve our digital goals.”
Most recently, Fine served as CEO of Direct Brands, the largest member-based retailer for media products in the United States. Prior to that, she was at NBC Universal Digital Media where she was president, iVillage Properties, the world’s first and largest online community for women, with 27 million members across the globe.
Fine’s career also includes time as CEO of Victoria’s Secret Pink brand.