- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Westfield renews its 100% stake in WTC retail
- Report: Shooter terrorizes Garden State Plaza, Paramus, N.J.; kills self
New York City -- Modell’s Sporting Goods announced the opening of the company’s 147th store this past weekend with the grand opening of a new 8,451-sq.-ft. store located in the Interstate Shopping Center in Ramsey, N.J.
The newest Modell’s marks the second store location following the retailer’s “power format” layout, which is designed for a smaller footprint than the prototypical Modell’s 13,000-sq.-ft. to 18,000-sq.-ft. layout. Modell’s first introduced the smaller concept store in August 2010 when the retailer opened a 7,500-sq.-ft. location on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.