- Supervalu Q4 profit beats Street, will remodel 55 to 75 units in 2011
- Report: SuperValu to open 160 Save-A-Lot stores in 2011
- SuperValu returns to profit in Q2; on track to open 80 to 90 Save-A-Lot stores
- Supervalu joins DOE’s Better Buildings Challenge
- Walmart, Supervalu and Walgreens to open hundreds of stores in ‘food desert’ areas
Dothan, Ala. Movie Gallery Inc. named C.J. Gabriel Jr. as president and chief executive. He succeeds founder Joe Malugen.
Gabriel was previously executive VP of marketing, merchandising and supply chain management at grocery chain Albertsons Inc.
In related news, Movie Gallery said it has exited Ch. 11 bankruptcy protection after completing its restructuring requirements.
Movie Gallery, which says it has almost 3,500 stores in all 50 states, said in April that it would shut 160 more stores in a third and final round of closings. It already had closed 920 stores in the past year.