- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
- Pinterest testing Promoted Pins with retail brands, including Gap and Target
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
San Francisco Gap Inc. on Thursday named Simon Kneen executive VP of design and creative director for Banana Republic, the latest effort by the apparel retailer to boost its product offerings and improve sales. He will begin the new position next Wednesday.
Kneen was previously creative design director at Retail Brand Alliance, where he led creative direction for the Brooks Brothers and Adrienne Vittadini brands.
He replaces Deborah Lloyd, who had been executive VP of product design and development. She left in October to become co-president and creative director of Liz Claiborne Inc.'s Kate Spade brand.