- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
Bentonville, Ark., Wal-Mart Stores announced Tuesday that Margaret A. McKenna has been named the new president of the Wal-Mart Foundation and will be charged with taking the company's corporate giving to a greater level of impact and excellence.
McKenna joins Wal-Mart after a long career in the public and non-profit sectors, and having recently resigned as the president of Lesley University.
Wal-Mart last year gave more than $270 million to support its 4,000-plus U.S.-based communities and has been recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as the largest cash contributor in America.