- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Kohl's, Toshiba partner with Plug and Play in retail accelerator program
Jackson, Miss. -- Fresh casual restaurant brand Newk’s Eatery announced the hire of two new support center team members who will assist in the national expansion of the brand.
After nine years in business, Newk’s Eatery has entered a renewed growth mode, with 12 new restaurant locations planned to open before year end 2013. Newk’s currently operates and franchises 59 units in 11 states.
Gary Brem, a 34-year food service construction veteran, has been named director of development, and Klara Smith, a 15-year legal industry professional, has been chosen as the company’s general counsel.
Brem will be handling concept-to-completion development of Newk’s expanding locations, including evaluating and recommending real estate sites for franchisee’s and company restaurants. Smith will support operational growth and development of new stores in the Newk’s system.