- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- NRF forecasts 4.1% rise in retail sales for 2014; online to grow 9% to 12%
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday 2013 — Shopper Social Sentiment
- 2013 – The Year the Customer Took Over
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Washington, D.C., The National Retail Federation revised its holiday sales forecast upwards, the first time it has ever done so during the holiday season.
The NRF projected retail sales growth of 6% to $439.53 billion during the holiday season, up from the 5% growth it forecast on Sept. 21.
“Recent consumer spending has surpassed our expectations and we expect this momentum to continue through the holiday season,” NRF president and CEO Tracy Mullin said in a statement.