- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
New York -- Youngwoo & Associates (YWA) announced that the Pier 57 development at West 15th Street in Hudson River Park, Manhattan will now be officially known as SuperPier. Constructed in 1952, Pier 57 was an engineering marvel, built on three giant buoyant and hollow concrete boxes, or concrete caissons. Described as indestructible, it was dubbed “Super Pier” when it opened.
The anchor tenants for the new development include:
- Opening Ceremony, a cutting edge multi-level retail environment, with a prominent retail space utilizing "Incuboxes" or repurposed shipping containers retrofitted and designed for concept shops;
- Brooklyn Boulders, New York City's only fully dedicated bouldering facility will open a second bouldering community; and
- Andre Balazs Properties, which will debut a Riverfront Spa and Beach Club hospitality concept.
SuperPier, scheduled to be completed in the spring of 2015, includes 270,000 sq. ft. of total leasable space for targeted uses such as food markets and restaurants; culture and recreation; creative retailers; and an "Incubox" marketplace.