New York City -- Retailers from around the world have until May 20 to enter the annual global competition, the Oracle World Retail Awards. Online entry is open at worldretailcongress.com.
The awards, designed to recognize the outstanding innovation and creativity delivered by l retailers worldwide, are presented each year at a gala event during the World Retail Congress. This year’s presentation will be held Sept. 27 in Berlin.
The winners in 2010 were as follows:
- Retailer of the Year: Amazon
- Responsible Retailer of the Year: Woolworths (South Africa)
- Etailer of the Year: Ocado.com
- Retail Advertising Award – New Media: Nike Japan’s ‘NIKEiD. Generator’
- Retail Advertising Award – In-Store: American Eagle Outfitters ’15 Seconds of Fame’
- Retail Advertising Award- Traditional Media: The Co-operative Goup
- Store Design of the Year: Topshop New York (Dalziel & Pow)
- Emerging Market Retailer of the Year: Truworths
- Retail Innovation Award: Happy Family Business Group - 'Kung Fu Master List'
- Multi-Market Retailer of the Year: Primark
- Outstanding Leadership Award: Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry
Entries are now being accepted in the following categories:
- Store Design of the Year
- Responsible Retailer of the Year
- Emerging Market Retailer of the Year
- Etailer of the year - divided into two sub-categories - Play Retailer of the Year and Multichannel Retailer of the Year (sponsored by GfK))
- Retail Innovation Award (sponsored by MasterCard)
- Retail Advertising Campaign of the Year
The awards are selected by a grand jury comprises of a broad spectrum of CEO level, respected retailers from around the world, together with senior representatives from academia and suppliers.