- Men's Wearhouse to acquire Jos. A. Bank for $1.8 billion
- Men’s Wearhouse ups bid for Jos. A. Bank bid to $1.8 billion
- Men’s Wearhouse urges Jos. A. Bank to consider buyout, may raise offer
- Men’s Wearhouse launches omni-channel inventory visibility
- Men’s Wearhouse extends Jos. A. Bank deadline to June 19
New York -- George Zimmer, the founder of Men's Wearhouse Inc., resigned from the company board of directors on Monday, according to a letter he sent the board, which was obtained by Reuters.
Last week, Zimmer was fired as the company's executive chairman. On Monday he submitted a letter resigning from the board. In the letter, Zimmer said it was "clear" he was fired by the board "to avoid addressing my growing concerns with recent board decisions."
Last week's story: Men’s Wearhouse Zimmer fires back at board on firing