- 'Virtual Assistant' technology makes retail debut at Duane Reade
- Build-A-Bear Workshop unveils new, interactive store design
- Foot Locker names Build-A-Bear Workshop chief to board
- Build-A-Bear Workshop posts Q4 loss; to unveil new store design
- Parametric’s directed sound going into more Build-A-Bear Workshop stores
San Diego, Calif. -- Audio products company Parametric Sound Corp. said Tuesday that Build-A-Bear Workshop will include its directed sound product in six newly designed stores that will be opened across the U.S. this year.
The HyperSound product will allow Build-A-Bear to simultaneously operate multiple interactive kiosks within the store, each playing its own specific audio message.
"We are very excited to merge this innovative technology with our newly designed, interactive bear-making process," said Dave Finnegan, head of information and interactivity for the chain.
The acoustic technology beams sound to target a specific listening area without the ambient noise of traditional speakers.