- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
Carteret, N.J., Pathmark Stores broke into the ranks of e-retailers: the 142-store regional grocer introduced on-line shopping through its company Web site on Friday. Pathmark stores in Middletown, N.J., and Edgewater, N.J., are the first two stores kicking off the program. A third store, located in Lawnside, N.J., will follow shortly.
Customers will be able to place an order at any time through www.pathmark.com, and pick up their order between 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The fee for on-line shopping is $10.00 per order. All items available in the store can be ordered on-line, with the exception of prescription drugs. Manufacturers coupons can be used via on-line shopping and the Pathmark Advantage Club loyalty offerings will also apply.
“This offering gives the customer who is constrained by time another option to traditional supermarket shopping, enabling them to devote the time savings to another aspect of their lives,” said Grant McLoughlin, Pathmark senior VP of advertising.