- McDonald’s Canada rolls out MasterCard’s PayPass contactless payment technology
- Top Consumer Trends for 2011
- American Express study: Consumers opting for less frequent, but larger transactions in retail
- Mastercard holiday wrap-up report: Holiday sales up 5.5%, strongest increase in five years
- Sprint, MasterCard, First Data and Citibank team up for Google Wallet mobile payment service
Wilmington, Del., MBNA has begun issuing credit cards that feature MasterCard PayPass contactless payment technology to its new and existing customers in Atlanta, with customers in additional markets to follow in the coming months, the bank said today.
PayPass integrates a radio-frequency chip and antennae in the card plastic. The technology allows the customer to tap her card on specially equipped merchant terminals to pay. "We're always looking for new ways to make everyday life easier for MBNA customers," said MBNA group executive David Turner.