- PetSmart investor Longview joins Java in calling for sale
- PetSmart opens pop-up dog park in Detroit
- PetSmart names exec VP of customer experience to boost omnichannel effort
- Jana Partners discloses 9.9% stake in PetSmart; asks retailer to explore options
- PetSmart president and COO to retire; announces management changes
Phoenix -- PetSmart said Wednesday that its second-quarter net income rose 19% on improved sales. The retailer also boosted its full-year earnings forecast.
PetSmart Inc. earned $93.4 million for the period ended Aug. 4, compared to $78.5 million a year ago.
Revenue rose 5.3% to $1.71 billion from $1.62 billion. Services sales, which are included in total sales, grew 7.3% to $205 million.
Same-store sales increased 3.4%.