- PetSmart investor Longview joins Java in calling for sale
- Jana Partners discloses 9.9% stake in PetSmart; asks retailer to explore options
- Jana Partners pressures PetSmart for sale
- Activist hedge fund gets anonymous PetSmart 'internal change' tip
- PetSmart names exec VP of customer experience to boost omnichannel effort
Phoenix -- PetSmart reported Wednesday that net income for its second quarter rose 26% to $61.2 million, up from $48.4 million in the year-ago period.
Revenue increased 7% to $1.49 billion, matching Wall Street expectations. Same-store sales grew 5%.