- CashStar Retailer Roundtable puts m-commerce and digital gift cards in spotlight
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
Hackettstown, N.J. – Custom couponing app Photopon is releasing version 2 of its iOS app, which lets consumers select nearby deals, attach a personal photo and write a message to create a personalized coupon that can be shared through the app, email, text messages or social networking sites.
Using the iPhone's location services, Photopon presents a selection of deals from the nearest restaurants, bars, stores and venues. After choosing a deal, users can snap a photo, type in a message and then share the custom coupon through email, text messages, Facebook or Twitter. Recipients can redeem the coupon. Photopon offers deals from both individual businesses and coupon aggregators.
"Photopon is a clever way to invite people out, make plans or even joke around with friends," said Michael Gutkin, co-founder and CFO of Photopon, Inc. "There are plenty of deals out there, but Photopon provides the only coupons that are open to creativity and flair. This means that a Photopon referral can be relevant and unique in ways that normal digital deals or paper coupons cannot be."