- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Signet completes acquisition of Zale Corp., creating jewelry Goliath in malls
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Survey: Parents to increase back-to-school spend, use physical stores
San Diego PriceSmart reported Tuesday that net income for the quarter ended Aug. 31 rose to $13.2 million, compared with net income of $10.3 million in the year-ago quarter.
Total revenue for the fourth quarter was $365.7 million compared with $305.1 million in the prior year. Net warehouse sales were $357 million, up from $298 million a year earlier.
For the year, net warehouse sales increased 11.6% to $1.4 billion, compared with $1.2 billion in the prior year, and total revenue for fiscal year 2010 increased 11.5% to $1.4 billion, from $1.3 billion in fiscal year 2009. For fiscal year 2010, the company recorded net income attributable to PriceSmart of $49.3 million.
PriceSmart owns and operates 28 U.S.-style membership shopping warehouse clubs in Central America and the Caribbean.