- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Verizon, Mall of America, Bloomington, Minn.
Lakeland, Fla. -- Publix Super Markets announced that it has signed a lease for its first store in the state of North Carolina. The company said it is looking forward to continued growth in the state, and that the new location will be part of a new division based in Charlotte.
The 56,000-sq. ft. store, which will be located in Ballantyne, N.C., is scheduled to open in early 2014.