- Top 10 Stories of the First Half of 2014
- Video tour of new TargetExpress; four more locations on tap
- Regular Cleaning of Condenser Coils in Refrigeration and Freezer Appliances Results in Maximum Efficiency
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
- Sport Chalet to be acquired by owner of Bob's Stores, EMS
Lakeland, Fla. Publix Super Markets Inc. has opened its second Publix GreenWise Market. The 37,819-sq.-ft. store, in Boca Raton, Fla., has similar health-related and organic offerings to the first GreenWise Market, which opened in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., in September 2007. The format features a curbside service, an event-planning department and a dining area with free Wi-Fi service.
The next Publix GreenWise Market is set to open in Tampa in late 2008.
In line with its all-natural orientation, the GreenWise Market format utilizes renewable resources in its construction and design, and includes such eco-friendly features as secondary coolant systems and refrigerants and LED lights in refrigerated cases, coolers, and freezers.
In addition, the roof is covered with a solar-panel system designed to absorb heat and cut down on the store's energy use. A 42-in. flat-screen monitor in the store displays how much energy the solar panel is producing at any given time.