Fort Worth, Texas -- RadioShack will open its newest Houston location as a concept store on Nov. 9. All concept stores in the company's portfolio feature an upgraded shopping experience, which showcases the company's new look, and incorporates interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile.
Some features include:
- A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare 13 different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets or played from their own Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices;
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touch-screens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products;
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon; and
- A Do-It-Yourself area where consumers can plan projects.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. The Houston location is one of more than a dozen concept stores to open since the company began converting to such stores. By the end of 2013, RadioShack will have more than 100 concept and brand statement stores open and will have made improvements to nearly all 4,300 stores throughout the nation.