Fort Worth, Texas - RadioShack is opening its first custom concept store in New York on Saturday, Feb. 1. Situated steps from Grand Central terminal, this location and its design evoke a sleek 1960s-retro feel, paired with a modern product assortment.
Interactive areas throughout the store encourage shoppers to discover personalized solutions, connect with sales associates and realize the unlimited potential of technology. All RadioShack concept stores showcase an upgraded shopping experience with:
• A speaker wall controlled by in-store tablets, empowering customers to experience a dozen different speakers.
• Interactive displays that encourage shoppers to compare products, including headphone demo stations; a remote control toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display, demonstrating the capabilities of several camera models.
• Idea Center where consumers can bring their ideas to life through collaboration with store associates at a convenient work space.
• Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, including touch-screens and apps to help shoppers understand product benefits.
Every detail within this custom concept store is customized to celebrate RadioShack's history and the heritage of the 1964 New York World's Fair in a modern, exciting way. Design elements unique to this location include:
• A hanging globe that pays homage to the 12-story steel Unisphere, which stands in Queens as a symbol of the 1964 World's Fair.
• Custom videos throughout the store highlight the sights, sounds and architecture that symbolize the heritage of the 1964 World's Fair.
• Mid-century modern aesthetic reflected throughout the store's interior featuring vintage art, a custom color palette and materials reminiscent of 1960s architecture.
The 150 E. 42nd St. store is the second custom-designed location to open in the nation and the twelfth concept store to open in the New York metro area, since RadioShack's concept stores debuted in 2013. These new stores reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand. The other custom concept store is in Ft. Worth, Texas, near RadioShack headquarters.
RadioShack continues to make improvements at its more than 4,300 stores throughout the nation to ensure consumers have an even better shopping experience. Stores are receiving a range of updates, from updated signage, to bright, redesigned interiors, to interactive product displays for comparing new products.