- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- TargetExpress format in works
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
Seattle -- REI will open a store in Southlake Texas, in fall 2014. The 22,000-sq.-ft. store, at Park Village, will include a bike shop offering expert assembly and repair services, and provide outdoor-related classes and presentations.
"REI has outfitted Dallas residents for 20 years. With a third location, we can better deliver the best gear and advice to even more customers and members who enjoy the outdoors," said Janet Hopkins, REI retail director for the Southwest district. "Southlake offers a community of active people and a strong retail presence, making it a perfect fit for REI."