- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- CashStar Retailer Roundtable puts m-commerce and digital gift cards in spotlight
Chicago, According to The Chicago Sun Times, city officials have completed an investigation into the sale of out-of-date products by local independent grocers. Of 100 stores visited by Consumer Services investigators posing as shoppers, violations were found at 71, leading to 85 citations and 569 individual counts, the paper reported. Eighty percent of the citations were for the sale of expired merchandise.