Marlborough, Mass. – According to the latest edition of the seasonal “The Why Behind the Buy” report from Acosta Sales & Marketing, consumers are increasing their usage of every digital tool except for email in their shopping activities. Concurrently, consumers are using traditional tools such as coupons and store flyers less frequently.
Specific results include:
- 36% of consumers regularly use the Internet as a planning tool for shopping activities.
- 33% of consumers use traditional coupons, down from 39% in 2012.
- 70% of consumers regularly engage with retailers and brands on Facebook.
- Almost half of consumers visit retailer and brand pages on Facebook, primarily to gain access to coupons and special offers.
- 28% of consumers regularly print online coupons from manufacturers’ Web site, up from 24% in 2012.
- 21% of consumers regularly sign up to receive online information about retailers, up from 17% in 2012.
- 19% of consumers regularly sign up to participate in online games and contests run by retailers, up from 15% in 2012.