- Tesco to debut F&F apparel format in U.S., with seven stores by year-end
- Topshop to open Fifth Avenue flagship; four other U.S. stores
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Verizon partners with Tesco to transform global opportunities
- Tesco CEO resists calls to resign amid falling profits
El Segundo, Calif. While a top company official recently blogged that Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Markets would impose a three-month moratorium on new store openings, the growing supermarket chain said Thursday that is plans to open 10 new stores in Las Vegas, according to an article in Sacramento Business Journal.
The new Las Vegas stores will give Fresh & Easy, which is operated by Cheshunt, U.K.-based Tesco PLC, a total of 25 stores in the region. The grocer currently operates more than 60 stores across Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas and Phoenix.
Tesco plans to invest $2 billion on the new chain’s launch over the next five years, the report said.