- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Signet completes acquisition of Zale Corp., creating jewelry Goliath in malls
- Family Dollar adopts poison pill after Icahn stake revealed
New York City Burlingame, Calif.-based Gymboree Corp. has retained Goldman Sachs to find a buyer, according to a Tuesday report by the New York Post.
Several private-equity firms are interested in the retailer, according to the Post, and one source said Apollo Management has approached the firm and is expected to join the auction.
On Oct. 1, reports circulated that Gymboree was exploring a possible sale to private investors, and that bankers for the chain had put out feelers to test the waters.