- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Project Profile: Queens Place
New York -- Jones Group Inc. has tapped Citigroup Inc. to explore a possible sale, according to Reuters.
In April, Jones Group said that it would close 170 stores and cut 8% of its workforce after first-quarter profit was less than analysts’ estimates. The news comes just months after activist hedge fund
The company, whose brands include Stuart Weitzman, Jones New York, Easy Spirit, and Nine West, had a market value of about $1.2 billion as of July 5.
The news comes just months after activist hedge fund Barington Capital took a seat on the Jones Group board of directors amid a push to persuade the company to trim its more than 35 brands, Reuters said.