- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
Hayward, Calif. Mervyns LLC may have plans on Friday to announce that it is filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection, according to a report on the Web site of San Francisco CBS 5.
The move will cause the retailer to shut its doors and liquidate its inventory, according to the report.
Over the summer, Mervyns had filed for Chapter 11 protection from its creditors in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. The company said at the time that it planned to continue business as usual while it reorganized.
According to the report, Mervyns officials declined to comment Thursday evening, but said that there would be an announcement from the company on Friday.