- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- TargetExpress format in works
Tampa, Fla. Nielsen is venturing beyond its TV ratings business to supermarkets and retail stores to help determine why customers make certain purchasing decisions, according to the Tampa Tribune. Using hidden cameras and sensors, Nielsen will be able to determine whether product displays, free samples and other marketing tools actually influence consumers to buy a certain brand over another.
Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart and Walgreens are among the retailers that have signed on to participate in the project, the report said.