- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- CSA First Look: J.C. Penney's Brooklyn Debut
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- Report: Ron Johnson to launch on-demand delivery service
- J.C. Penney tops views in first quarter; same-store sales up 6.2%
New York -- Another day, another J.C. Penney story. Amid rumors that Penney chief executive Ron Johnson was stepping down, the chain flatly denied the allegations.
“Ron Johnson is not quitting or resigning from J.C. Penney and he has no plans to do so,” Joey Thomas, a Penney spokesman said in an e-mail reported by Bloomberg. “The rumors are false.”