- The Value and Power of Data-Driven Marketing
- Survey: LLBean.com climbs to top of March online customer service rankings
- Survey: Target generates most positive grocery sentiment
- Whole Foods partners with Instacart for one-hour delivery in 15 cities
- Retail veteran Andrea Weiss, digital expert Bill Mirabito form consulting firm
Wayne, N.J. – The time may have come to change the name of Black Friday to Black Thursday. According to multiple media reports, Toys ‘R’ Us will open stores at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving night.
Reports of Toys ‘R’ Us getting a jump on Black Friday in-store sales are based on statements in the retailer’s weekly advertising circular released Monday, Nov. 4. This marks the fifth year Toys ‘R’ Us has opened its doors on Thanksgiving. Last year the retailer opened stores at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving night. Other major chains letting customers shop their stores on Thanksgiving this year include Sears, Kmart, Macy’s, Kohl’s, and J.C. Penney.