- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Sao Paulo, Brazil, Wal-Mart Stores is close to buying the Portuguese Sonae’s retail chain in Brazil, according to a report from Sao Paulo-based consulting firm Gouvea de Souza. Sonae operates about 150 supermarkets and hypermarkets in the southern region of the country. Wal-Mart offered 800 million euros for the chain, according to local reports.