- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Facebook tests ‘buy’ button to help companies drive sales
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
- The Essential Digital Marketing Strategy: Local Search Engine Optimization
- Esri's Tapestry Segmentation offers insight to changing population
Beltsville, Md., Ritz Camera selected Datavantage Xstore as its new point-of-sale system. With 1,100 Ritz Camera Centers and 110 Boater’s World Marine Centers, the chain will use the new Java-based POS in both store formats on a Linux operating system and a PostgreSQL open-source database.
"Our existing POS had served us well over the years, but it lacks the flexibility and functionality available in an open-source, Java-based platform such as Xstore," said Bob O'Hern, VP of Information Systems for Ritz Camera Centers.