- Haagen-Dazs Shoppe partners with Buxton to map out expansion strategy
- Congress extends implementation date of final rule governing gift cards
- Retailers: Get your e-mails past the judge and the jury
- Sprouts Farmers Market to roll out AccessVia’s signage solution
- Ensuring PCI DSS compliance without going broke or sacrificing your customers’ experience
Dallas and New Orleans — The Howard Hughes Corp. has announced the tenant lineup for the redevelopment of Riverwalk Marketplace in New Orleans. The $70 million renovation is transforming the aging mall into The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk, the nation’s first downtown outlet center.
According to Hughes Corp., virtually all of the space in the new Riverwalk has been committed, and well-known national outlet retailers and popular local retail, dining and entertainment offerings hold 94% of the leases.
National names include Last Call Studio by Neiman Marcus, Coach Men’s Factory Store, Tommy Bahama, Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill, Hartstrings Childrenswear, U.S. Polo Assn. Outlet, It’Sugar, Sunglass Warehouse, red Mango and New Balance Factory Stores. All told, the newly released tenant list includes about 70 names.
The redevelopment will expand the center by 50,000 sq. ft. to an approximate total of 250,000 sq. ft. Interior demolition and other construction activities are underway. The property plans to reopen in the late spring or early summer of 2014.